2016 is a year of amazing improvements for the on-site experience of every S-Trip! Traveler! Activities, night events, staff training, and safety procedures were all improved for March Break and Summer Trips. We also evolved the most important aspect of our on-site communication; The S-Trip! Info Desk. The Info Desk is where our travelers go to ask questions, find out their schedule, and sign-in 3 times daily. We reviewed S-Trip! survey results, evaluated issues on-site, and talked to our S-Trip! Staff to find 3 huge ways to improve the Info Desk Experience on S-Trip!...
1. We addressed the #1 Question from our student travelers
S-Trip! destination staff always get asked "When is the Tight N' Bright event?!", "When is my Catamaran Cruise?!", etc... So, to increase staff knowledge and student autonomy we created Giant (and we mean giant!) 10' x 5' Banner Calendars for every hotel. This banner gathers all the important info, dates, and times for the week's big events. The banner even goes into the specific schedule for every group. Buffet times, sign-in hours, store info, and checkout instructions are featured on the side.
At first glance, travelers marvel at the size of the board and then realize they can see their entire #TripofaLifetime at a glance and run their hands over the banner from their first day to the last. This allows our staff to focus on making sure no travellers misses an event or excursion.
2. Improved our existing 'Info Boards' with more in-depth information
The 'old' Info Desk Experience consisted of staff at a desk, and a couple of days information inserted into an 'Info Board' – a vinyl sign with room for 4 posters. Often these posters were too vague, hand written, and did not include enough information for the entire week. We gave each of the 4 spots a specific insert to eliminate hand-written alterations and maximize the information we gave to students. All info boards now dig-deeper into the excursions and events on the Banner Calendar:
- Sports & Activities: 14+ amazing things to do all week long at S-Trip! Central (The main hang out area for all S-Trip! activities)
- Excursions: A list of every excursion available, a short description, and what to bring!
- Grad Trip Photo Shoot: Everyday a new schedule is added with school names and times so that no group will miss out on their graduation photo shoot!
- Legendary Themes: All of the S-Trip! Themes, what to wear, and info on the optional night events.
3. Created a takeaway to encourage participation on excursions, events, and S-Trip! exclusive's
We created the S-Trip! Guide, a small booklet to bring to your hotel room, that answers common questions, encourages participation on excursions, repeats the Info Board information, reviews tips from the S-Trip! safety committee, and teaches travelers a little Spanish!
Find out more about how S-Trip! reviews trips, builds the #TripofaLifetime, and works year round to create the ultimate Grad Trip here.
Published by Amy Killoran, Creative Manager & Lead on the S-Trip! Info Desk Innovations.